Z.TEST Returns the one-tailed P-value of a Z-test with the standard distribution.
- Z.TEST(data, value, [standard_deviation])
- data – The array or range containing the dataset to consider.
- value – The test statistic to use in the Z-test.
- standard_deviation – [ OPTIONAL ] – The standard deviation to assume for the Z-test. If this is not provided, STDEV(data) will be calculated.
The P-value returned by Z.TEST is the probability that a randomly generated sample (of the same size as the data) has a mean value greater than that of the original data set.
You can use ZTEST or Z.TEST to perform this function.
- NORMSDIST: Returns the value of the standard normal cumulative distribution function for a specified value.
- NORMDIST: The NORMDIST function returns the value of the normal distribution function (or normal cumulative distribution function) for a specified value, mean, and standard deviation.
- CONFIDENCE: Calculates the width of half the confidence interval for a normal distribution.
If you had any questions regarding the Z.TEST function feel free to ask in the comments.